Thursday, February 24, 2011

Toastizza!

Point to you if you understood that this is Pizza Corner-inspired. After all they are the ones who have Conizza, Sandwizza etc etc. I was there yesterday for dessert (not pizza!), well technically the dessert was from Cream and Fudge Factory, but we were sitting in Pizza Corner to eat it. AND my birthday lunch yesterday featured Pizza, AND I just had more pizza for dinner today, so obviously I have pizza on my mind. I don't think Pizzas can run, so I'd have to say that I have pizzas are rolling through my mind. What all of this pizza-festival resulted in is my idea for a new dish that I'd like to call Toastizza.
I love pizza (especially homemade), but warming up the oven seems like too much work sometimes. So if you could just pop the pizza in the toaster? It would be cooked in a snap. So here's my recipe for Toastizza. (Note: This will only work on a 4-slice Toaster)

1 six-inch pizza base
2 tbsp pizza sauce (do not sub with tomato sauce, please!)
1/2 cup sliced vegetables (onions, capsicum, corn, mushrooms. You could also go fancy and do olives and jalapenos)
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp grated Amul cheese
1 tbsp grated Parmesan (if you have this one, I am extremely jealous!)
1 tsp butter
seasonings to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, coriander, etc)

Melt butter, saute the vegetables till they are cooked but still slightly crunchy. Add milk, cheese and seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes or till cheese melts and lightly coats the vegetables.(Sauce should not be runny)
Toast the pizza base in the Toaster. Quickly spread the pizza sauce and top with the vegetable mixture. Eat!
Pizza in 15 minutes, faster than delivery!

Author's Note: I have not tried this one yet, so If you could please try it and let me know how it turns out? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment